sehat

Turkey - Istanbul

We were having real mixed feelings in addition to expectations every bit nosotros flew to Istanbul, Turkey from Santorini, Hellenic Republic - but to a greater extent than oftentimes than non excitement I would say. As the conditions inward Santorini has non been ideal during our remain at that spot - it was to a greater extent than oftentimes than non windy in addition to rainy on the terminal few days in addition to nosotros were non actually doing much, nosotros were quite excited for some exotic hustle in addition to bustle inward the Turkish Bazaars (yes that's the picture of Istanbul I had inward my head). However, I said mixed feelings in addition to expectations because our driver from the hotel to the aerodrome inward Santorini was telling us he did non empathise why anyone would desire to become to a identify similar Turkey afterwards beautiful Greece. I approximate it was also due to the complicated political in addition to cultural conflicts betwixt Hellenic Republic in addition to Turkey throughout history that every bit a Greek, our driver is non actually a fan of the neighboring country. Honestly, nosotros did non know also much nearly the background nearly the ii countries in addition to thence did non desire to hold off also much.

Touching downward at the Istanbul airport, the outset occupation nosotros had was that for some reasons nosotros could non direct maintain out whatever coin amongst both of our ATM cards - fifty-fifty though nosotros were able to discovery the ATM machines of our banks. As nosotros were already running out of coin in addition to nosotros actually wanted to store at the bazaars ASAP (LOL), nosotros were freaking out a bit. The 2nd occupation was that fifty-fifty though nosotros had a machine booked inward advance, it took us quite some fourth dimension to live on able to discovery our driver. Finally, nosotros were sitting happily inward the machine amongst our luggage, bombarding the driver amongst every bit many questions every bit nosotros could intend of nearly the metropolis i.e. what to do, what to eat, where to swallow in addition to etc. The machine was shortly turning into some narrow streets that led to the story that nosotros would live on staying at for the adjacent distich of days. 
We were greeted past times our Airbnb host, Marco, who has been extremely friendly in addition to helpful since nosotros booked the accommodation a few months back. His story was absolutely beautiful. We loved the means in addition to the decor of the identify - every unmarried petty item was good taken aid of. And the best affair nearly it? Reasonable price! So glad nosotros chose this over a hotel.
After unpacking in addition to freshening up, nosotros spent the black walking unopen to Taksim Square (a busy cosmopolitan centre amongst shopping malls, restaurants, stores, street stalls, markets in addition to etc) which is only unopen to 10 minutes walk from the flat. We had dinner at a local turkish eating theater in addition to it was YUMMY - espeically the grilled lamb chops - oh emm geee. After dinner, nosotros went to a local bar for some shisha in addition to tea (no alcohol for me) - doesn't this identify facial expression magical?
We bought some fruits on our means dorsum dwelling (fresh fruits are in addition to so inexpensive hither inward Istanbul!) every bit "after-dinner dessert", in addition to nosotros went to bed feeling salubrious :D

We spent the adjacent few days but exploring the city, visiting historical sites such every bit the Basilica Cistern, Aya Sofya, Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque in addition to etc Below are some of the photos at these beautiful places:


All these places were extremely fascinating but i of my personal favorites would live on the grand bazaar - it has in addition to so much to see in addition to buy, in addition to and so every bit a daughter who loves shopping it is but perfect for me haha. So much fun to produce all the bargaining amongst the stores owners!





Another i of my favorite would live on the Bosphorus river tour - the views were breath-taking in addition to it was extremely inexpensive every bit well! Perfect means to know the city.
The nutrient inward Istanbul was real interesting in addition to it was a lot of fun to elbow grease unlike sort of foods such every bit kebab/ mussels stuffed amongst rice - but i of the craziest nutrient that nosotros tried would live on this fried lamb brain. My fellow LOVED it, but for me, let's but state I would never direct maintain some other seize amongst teeth of this again.






After iii days amongst my boyfriend, he flew dorsum to Hong Kong because he had to larn dorsum to work, in addition to I stayed at Istanbul for v to a greater extent than days earlier I continued my Europe trip to Germany. I stayed amongst a distich of Turkish girls who were friends of a Castilian friend of mine that I met inward Espana earlier Turkey. Even though it was my outset fourth dimension coming together these girls, they were extremely friendly in addition to I was in addition to so grateful for their hospitality. I had my ain room in addition to also everything that I needed. They welcomed me amongst a homemade Turkish Breakfast on the outset solar daytime I arrived to their place.
They also brought me unopen to the metropolis - fifty-fifty though I had already went to some of the places amongst my fellow before, it was a totally unlike experience to re-visit them amongst locals - I got to experience Istanbul from an alone unlike perspective amongst a much deeper noesis on their politics, history in addition to culture.

On i of the terminal days, every bit the girls were all busy, I travelled past times myself to Prince Island which is a few hours of boat ride away from Istanbul - in addition to it was absolutely beautiful. I met a daughter on the boat who was from State of Kuwait in addition to it was a lot of fun but listening (singing) to songs on our iphones, sharing our go stories in addition to etc. It was i of my favorite things nearly travelling lonely - to encounter amongst interesting people from all unopen to the basis in addition to to portion stories amongst each other. For me this is how y'all experience the world.
Hope y'all enjoyed reading my travelling story inward Istanbul! Subscribe to my weblog in addition to remain tuned for to a greater extent than travelling posts x

Emi xx
@stayfitandtravel
Tag : backpacking
0 Komentar untuk "Turkey - Istanbul"

Back To Top